If you do not have confidence in your mask seal
Advice from the Clinical Excellence Commission is that no member of staff is required or expected to undertake any work requiring a P2/N95
respirator unless an adequate facial seal can be achieved. Therefore if you have not been fit tested and you feel you are not getting an
adequate seal on your respirator mask you are entitled to decline to respond to any suspected COVID-19 cases based on the advice of the
Clinical Excellence Commission and on WH&S grounds.
This advice also applies if you HAVE been fit tested but have concerns about your mask seal (ie you were tested with facial hair,
without the glasses you normally wear, etc).
If you have been fit tested and are confident in your mask seal
If the job is NOT a Priority 1 or 2:
- You should not be asked to complete this.
- Escalate to your DOM and local APA (NSW) delegate
If the job is a Priority 1 or 2:
- Amber zone staff should only be asked to cross into red zones for P1 or P2 cases
- Alternative transport locations within Amber Zones should be prioritised if appropriate
- Staged transfers should occur where possible